Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Oddball Sport

You know what really bothers me?
People that don't understand horses. I'm not saying I don't get that some people just haven't had the opportunity to be around horses, that's fine. I'm talking about people who just plain out act dumb. Like, I understand people don't know that much about horses, but gosh, sometimes they are so rude about it! Stuff like this really gets on my nerves:

"Oh my gosh, you have a HORSE?!" : I doubt you are as astonished as you are acting. If you are, just... Calm down.

"Oh umm... Cool. Do you play an actual, you know, sport?" : This usually comes after someone asks if I play a sport, and I respond, "I ride horses." If you tell me this I am going to go crazy on you. Not physically of course, I'm not stupid, but I will snap at you like no tomorrow.

When people act like I'm so unathletic : Even my closest friends do this, they treat me like I'm a couch potato just because I'm not a volleyball fanatic.

"Do you race?" : This one does have some practical excuses, but honestly, it bugs me anyway. Maybe you have never met a real equestrian before, but anyway, CHILDREN ARE NOT JOCKEYS. Quit asking this unless you want me to go insane.

When I say I have a horse and I get this, "Can you ride it?" : No... No. Of course not. It just stand in a stall and I feed it. Well of course I can ride!

Now I'll dump a bunch of equestrian-power, (similar to girl-power) stuff on you. Mainly pictures off Pinterest.


















































So, next time you want to say that horseback riding isn't a sport, is easy, that we do nothing, think again. And if you do any of the annoying things I said, try not to anymore, K? ;) Try and help me, help me change things. Riding shouldn't be the oddball sport.



P.S: This post is not meant in any way to offend non-equestrians. If you find this rude or anything like that, please explain why, and I'll change it or take it down. But I promise, any offensive content was unintentional, and I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way. I can get a little snippy about this sometimes, so, my apologies.

8 comments:

  1. Agreed! Everyone always says,"riding Is only work for the horse." "That is NOT a sport, don't you like bball?" :) (um I'm an equestrian ppl, get it right) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Thanks for being supportive about this post, I was sort of worried about the reaction I'd get... Equestrians unite! :D

      Delete
  2. It doesn't matter what other people reactions are....if you like this kind of post keep doing it! I personally, like opinionated posts, you get to know people through them. And one question, aren't you in 6th grade? :D
    ~Bella~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Cool.
      Are there 6th graders at your school?
      If so, 6th graders are friends, not food!
      (Just a little joke me and my friends tell to the older kids at my school.) ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes there are 6thgraders! LOL! I am friends with a few 6th graders...don't worry we won't eat you! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, sorry I wasn't sure. My school was just 7th and 8th until this year.

      Delete