Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I Still Need Practice!

Hey!
As promised, here are things I need to work on in my riding.

•Keep my stinkin' heels down! 
I have way more trouble with this than I should. I REALLY need to keep my heels down! TOES UP HEELS DOWN TENLEY! HEELS DOWN! 

•Keep only my toe in the stirrup!
I always have like, my whole foot in the stirrup... And that is NOT GOOD!

•Look up!
I seriously don't even look where I'm going. It's like driving with your eyes closed... And I NEED to stop doing it! 

•Sit back!
I keep leaning forward when Tuesday advances to a faster gait, this is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, because I've already toppled over her neck and been run over by her at a gallop.

•Stop flinging my legs around!
Okay, so I know that sounds weird but when I kick, I use my whole leg and end up flying around if the horse is cantering or galloping.

•Just fixing my equitation and position in general.

Yep, I need to work on a lot. If you ride, can you help me fix any of these? I'd love to hear some tips. I'll try and post tomorrow, I have a riding lesson at 9:00 tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reading! See ya' later!

~Tenley

P.S: Shout out to Maddie... 'Cause you're awesome, don't forget that. 

8 comments:

  1. ooo, i was actually known as the "heels down toes up" expert at my barn. xd not sure the best way to explain this, but i guess what you can do to improve upon that skill is to sit deep in the saddle (if that makes any sense at all idk) and for me, i always imagined that my heels were heavier than the rest of me, and that sorta helped remind me to keep them down.
    wow i'm bad at explaining. xd
    whelp, that's all for today's episode of "maddie fails at everything", until next time! *salutes*

    oh, and thanks so much for the shoutout, mate. ^_^ ♥ you're awesome, too. ;)

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually helps a lot! I'll have to remember to sit deep in the saddle. No problem. ;) Thanks for the tips!

      Delete
    2. That helped me A TON at my lesson yesterday! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. My trainer tells me to focus on one thing when I'm riding, that way the horse knows where I'm going. I try to always look at the same spot on the pine tree, or the fence where I ride. If you ride indoors, try focusing on one spot on the wall. I hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... That's very helpful! Thank you! I'll try it next time I ride!

      Delete
  3. I have3 pretty much the same issues. If you think of your heels getting heavier and heavier which each post, it helps a lot. If you want to stop flinging your legs around think of you having a 100 dollar bill in between your calf and the saddle, every time you kick, you can't lose the money or it will be gone forever. If you want to look up, think that you are a puppet, and you r helmet is attached to a string, and the puppet master is pulling up. I hope these helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the advice! Metaphors usually help me a lot, so I bet this will help!

      Delete
  4. No problem! Glad I could help :)

    ReplyDelete