Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What I did at my riding lesson yesterday

Hi.
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was rather busy, but today I'll tell you how the riding lesson went. I tried 3 different saddles, because we're looking into buying one so I don't have to borrow one anymore. Here's a picture of one of them in the store:















We also tried the one behind it. The first saddle was too big, the second one too small, and the third one too old. So, at my next lesson I get to try out another saddle. *Sarcastic Cheering* Nobody stayed to watch my lesson, so I didn't get any pictures of me actually riding, but I did get a picture of Tuesday in the cross-ties.



















Sorry it's not the best. I think she's looking at the feed-truck lol. At my lesson we lunged her, and then I just did some basic work at the trot in each saddle. She was pretty good being lunged, she only bucked a little. For those of you who don't know what it means to lunge a horse, it's when you have the horse on a long rope, (A lunge line) and you put them in some sort of an arena or enclosure, and basically let them run some energy out. You also use a whip to pop the ground if the horse doesn't move. That was a really bad explanation, but at least you sort of know what lunging is now. Sorry for such a boring post, I may show my grooming supplies later today. I have the pictures ready for that. Anyway, bye!

~Tenley

6 comments:

  1. Awwwww she is so cute!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, good luck on finding the right saddle! tack shopping can be a pain, huh.
    glad to hear she was good while being lunged! :)

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tack shopping is most definitely a pain! She is improving SOOO much! At first she was kick and buck and gallop around no matter what we did!

      Delete
  3. Ohh, you get to groom them? please describe everything you get to do with the horse( grooming, riding, e.t.c). I LOVE horszes and want to take riding lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes... Of course! You can't just jump on and ride! I will try to! I'm thinking of doing a "A Day At The Barn" type thing.

      Delete