Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Riding Story

Howdy!
This is my first real post on this blog. Here I will explain the story of my riding journey, and how I got to where I am today.

This picture is REALLY old! It's from when I took my first riding lessons, on an Appaloosa mare named Dally. I barely remember taking lessons there, I was around 5 years old. Then we moved... and I didn't take riding lessons for another 5 years.

Yay! Now stuff I remember! This picture is from my first lesson at the place I ride at to this day, I don't even have proper riding boots or pants in this picture! This was in early December 2014, 7 months ago! The horse's name is Lyric, she is a dartmoor pony who I rode until very recently, this month!
That's me just a few weeks ago, on my own horse, Ruby Tuesday! I have improved so much since I started, but I still have stuff to learn! In my next post, I will share with you what I'm working on in my riding! Thanks so much for reading! Bye!

~Tenley




10 comments:

  1. lovely story! dally and lyric look really sweet, as does tuesday. ;) so glad you're going so far in riding!

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ponies we all start on are almost always darling, aren't they? I wouldn't say I'm far in riding, I still freak out when Tuesday starts cantering when I try to trot... It's scary! Thank you though. :)

      Delete
    2. they really are. ♥ i'll forever remember the first pony i rode, he was always such a sweetheart. ahaha, well i still think you're advancing very quickly considering you only started riding again within this past year. ;) oh, i know the feeling--i always freaked out a bit when the horse i was riding did something unexpected.

      -maddie

      Delete
    3. ❤️ What was his name? Thanks. :) I know, it's like, "What is going on?!"!

      Delete
  2. Aww they're all so cute! (I have a weakness for cute stuff) I wish I could have a horse, but I'm severely allergic. :( Ruby Tuesday is an awesome name! There used to be a restaurant called Ruby Tuesday near where I live. I think it closed down. :(

    ~watermelon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Who do you think is cutest? I know, and I think it's very sad. :( Really? That's hilarious! Tuesday's old owners named her that, I always thought it was a Rolling Stone's song.

      Delete
  3. I really hope I get a horse of my own someday-for now, I'm enjoying reading about horses. : )
    My grandma had horses growing up, so she tells me about them.

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... I hope you get a horse someday. Until then, feel free to read about them here! ;)

      Delete
  4. BTW...I love Tuesday's coloring.

    ~Kathryn(again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's a chesnut colored quarter horse.

      Delete